Orlando Employee Theft Lawyer
- The employee knowingly and unlawfully takes or attempts to take the property of their employer; and
- The employee does so with the intent to temporarily or permanently deprive the employer of their right to the property, or to appropriate the property to the employee's own use.
Employee Theft Penalties
Penalties for an Employee Theft case will vary widely depending on the level of the offense with which you have been charged with, whether you have prior theft related offenses, and the facts of your case. However, it is not uncommon for Prosecutors to seek jail or even prison time for first-time offenders. The potential penalties for a Employee Theft offense include:
- If the amount taken is less than $300, the offense will be charged as a misdemeanor punishable by up to one-year in the County Jail, one-year probation, and a fine up to $1000;
- If the amount taken is greater than $300 but less than $20,000, the offense will be charged as a third-degree felony punishable by up to five-years in State Prison, five-years probation, and a fine up to $5000;
- If the amount taken is more than $20,000 but less than $100,000, the offense will be charged as a second-degree felony punishable by up to fifteen-years in State Prison, fifteen-years probation, and a fine up to $10,000;
- If the amount taken is more than $100,000, the offense will be charged as a first-degree felony punishable by up to thirty-years in State Prison, thirty-years probation, and a fine up to $15,000.
To discuss your case with a strong, hard-hitting criminal defense lawyer, call (407) 315-2888 now.
If you have been charged with an Employee Theft offense, it is imperative that you seek the advice and counsel of a skilled and experienced Orlando Employee Theft Lawyer. For over 15-years, our attorney has represented clients charged with Employee Theft issues throughout Central Florida.
Call us today at
to schedule your free and confidential case review and allow us to put our experience to work for you.
As a former prosecutor, Attorney Zmijewski understands both sides of the law and how to use that to your advantage. He ensures that the rights of those he represents are protected.