Orlando Drug Trafficking Attorney
Dedicated to Protecting Our Clients’ Rights Across Orlando and Seminole County
If you have been arrested and charged with drug trafficking, your freedom and future are at stake. A criminal conviction for this type of offense could result in prison time, loss of your driving privileges, and suspension of any professionally held licenses. It can also limit your future career and education opportunities.
At Z Law Firm, L.L.C., our Orlando drug trafficking lawyer has defended individuals facing criminal charges for nearly two decades. Backed by years of experience and a focused legal approach, we have obtained favorable results for past clients. Let us put our knowledge and skills to work for you.
Learn more about your legal options for fighting your charges by calling us at (407) 634-2171.
Penalties for Drug Trafficking in Orlando
In Florida, the government imposes some of the harshest penalties on people who are convicted of drug trafficking offenses. The severity of the punishment is determined by the type and amount of controlled substance involved.
The mandatory minimum prison sentence for common substances that are trafficked include:
- Heroin: 3 years (4 to 14 grams), 15 years (14 to 28 grams), 25 years (28 grams to 30 kilograms), or life in prison (30 kilograms or more)
- Hydrocodone: 3 years (14 to 28 grams), 7 years (28 to 50 grams), 15 years (50 to 200 grams), or 25 years (200 grams to 30 kilograms)
- Oxycodone: 3 years (7 to 14 grams), 7 years (14 to 25 grams), 15 years (25 to 100 grams), or 25 years (100 grams to 30 kilograms)
- MDMA (ecstasy): 3 years (10 to 200 grams), 7 years (200 to 400 grams), or 15 years (400 grams or more)
Because of these potential sanctions, it is imperative that you seek the advice of experienced and competent counsel as soon as possible. Z Law Firm, L.L.C. is available 24/7 to start discussing your legal options.
Potential Defenses to Drug Trafficking Charges
In every case we defend, our goal is to find the weakness in the State's argument to seek a favorable result, such as having charges reduced or dismissed. We have the knowledge and experience to thoroughly review and evaluate your situation to find a defense strategy that ensures your rights, freedoms, and liberties are not violated.
Some of the defenses that can be explored in trafficking cases include:
- Law enforcement lacked probable cause to stop the vehicle
- The defendant was the victim of illegal search and seizure
- The police induced the accused to commit a crime
- The State has insufficient evidence to prove guilt
- The confidential informant is unreliable
If you or a loved one has been arrested and charged with drug trafficking, contact our office today. Your initial consultation is free. During the meeting, we can review your case, answer your questions, and advise you about how we can use our experience to defend your rights and freedom.
As a former prosecutor, Attorney Zmijewski understands both sides of the law and how to use that to your advantage. He ensures that the rights of those he represents are protected.