Traffic Attorneys in Orlando, Florida
Avoid the Points...
No matter how much we might respect Law Enforcement, we are never quite pleased when they are standing at the side of our vehicle issue us a civil traffic citation. While you may look at this as an inconvenience and a simple fine, the conseuqneces can be far more severe. If you have been issued a civil traffic citation and pay the fine, the Clerk of Court will assess points to your Florida Driving Record. In the State of Florida, a conviction for a civil traffic infraction may not only result in a hike to your insurance rates, it may also result in a loss of your driving privileges.
- 12 Points accumulated in 12 months will result in a 30-day suspension of your driving privileges.
- 18 Points accumulated in 18 months will result in a 90-day suspension of your driving privileges.
- 24 Points accumulated in 36 months will result in a one-year suspension of your driving privileges.
How Many Points for My Citation.
Moving violation and points associated with those violations are as follows:
- Unlawful Speed resulting in an accident - 6 Points
- Reckless Driving - 4 Points
- Careless Driving - 4 Points
- Any moving violation resulting in an accident - 4 Points
- Passing a stopped school bus - 4 Points
- Unlawful Speed - 16 MPH or more over the posted speed - 4 Points
- Unlawful Speed - 16 MPH or less over the posted speed - 3 Points
Put Our Experience to Work for You.
Attorney Michael Zmijewski is a Former Prosecutor who handled thousands of traffic related offenses. Since leaving the State Attorney's Office, Attorney Zmijewski devoted his time representing clients charged with both criminal traffic and civil traffic citations throughout Central Florida. If you have been issued a criminal traffic citation (DUI, Suspended License, Reckless Driving, Leaving the Scene of an Accident) or a civil traffic citation, put Attorney Zmijewski's years of experience to work for you. Call today at 407-473-1233 to speak with an Experienced Orlando Traffic Lawyer.